May 26, 2011

You held my hand, but touched my heart!

      





“Hey, wontcha play another somebody done somebody wrong song 
And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby 

So please play for me a sad melody
So sad that it makes everybody cry-y-y-y
A real hurtin' song about a love that's gone wrong
'cause I don't want to cry all alone”

B.J. Thomas 1975

Heard this song on the radio this morning and it reminded me of our human nature of craving camaraderie/acceptance/sharing. Feeling all alone in our emotions can be such a barren desert of hopelessness and despair. Yet if we are able to buffer that isolation by sharing in the unity of oneness; even if that connection is based in fear/sadness/grief, etc, we are then able to find the strength to pull through the pain. Hospice grief support is such an example. The commonality of grief and it’s shared expression of sadness/despair/isolation bonds and supports the whole.

AA is another great example of sharing trials/defeats and inspiration to overcome the beast of addiction. The 12 steps laid out for members takes the unmanageable and carves a path of hope for personal accomplishment. Sharing emotions/stories is the common branch of brotherhood that supports even the heaviest of burdens.

It’s a wonderful world when we all share and support one another. My weakness may be your strength and vice versa. Even if we both fall down, the blow is much softer when we do it together!

My name is Joan Hartsough, and I want to help other people evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment