May 1, 2011

‎"Time has become my friend!" Ruth Shullick 04/28/2011 1830




After work today I stopped into a co workers office to borrow her computer as mine has crashed and is now in the Apple store getting transferred onto a new mac. Ruth is an assistant in the cath lab and is extremely busy helping to make my job (along with others) a little easier and more effective. She's gone through an emotional roller coaster ride for the past couple years with divorce, helping her adult children and juggling work. I can remember some days in the past when Ruth wore her emotions on her sleeve. She looked exhausted, frustrated and basically overcome with the events in her life. We don't often get a chance to have long conversations because of time constraints at work, but after my shift today we talked for about 40 minutes. It's amazing how someone you see on a weekly basis can change overnight! Ruth has recently re married and her face projects a new hope, new found passion, excitement and gratitude! She showed me a new hobby she enjoys - making photographs into beautiful post cards that she shares with her new husband who lives out of state a lot of the time. Her focus has become sharing herself with her husband through photos of sunsets on the beach, and her personal jouneys in nature. The photography is beautiful! I see Ruth no longer trying to run away from her life, but rather embracing all that she has today. In listeneing to her describe how she's been doing, she said the following, "time has become my friend." That is about the most profound thing I heard today, so I wanted to share it in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment