May 10, 2011

Peace by piece, we put it all together!

                                                                   www.humanrights.state.mn.us








I just read a post about a comment Princess Diana made many years ago "I don't want expensive gifts; I don't want to be bought. I have everything I want. I want want someoone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure." Princess Diana



This immediately evoked a thought from me - everybo
dy wanted a piece of her! No wonder she had those feelings! At her disposal was any "thing" she desired. Jewels, cars, trips, clothes, etc. What the human soul craves more than stuff is sustenance - that which is intangible/priceless. Warmth, compassion, love, touch, honesty, sharing, encouragement - the human element. I've often thought about the very wealthy and famous - in a different way than wanting a piece of them. How do they really know who cares about them, is interested in who they are; not what they are? Do they feel guarded at all times and lack trust? Can they really be who they are - or who we want them to be? Is their plight then a blessing or a burden - on their humanity? Now don't you feel like one of the richest (in spirit- what counts, anyway) people in the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment