May 4, 2011

Follow me to easy street!

                                                               www.shutterstock.com



Yesterday at work I met a most interesting man. He was a native Floridian of 73 years, very tan and wrinkled, sporting a huge toothless smile! His enthusiasm was contagious and I wanted to learn more about his outlook on life. He had worked in the mobile home industry all of his life and thoroughly enjoyed it. He told me that he'd often think of ideas to better the construction process to create a better home for people. He enjoyed sharing with others and reveled in solving problems. I think he would have this same passion for positive regardless of his job title or location in life. The fertile landscape of his mind produced the most vibrant fruit of gratitude and happiness. He offered the following statement in passing that just seemed to deserve more than a casual uh huh from me. "You do what you do "cause you like it. It just makes life easier." I nodded in agreement, then pulled out my notepad to capture those nuggets of wisdom from a well-weathered gentleman lying on the table in front of me. He manifests the secret of success, living a life of ease, rather than dis-ease. His ways are simple, yet more profound than to me than musings from a college graduate. Simply do what you love, love what you do. With a foundation like that, life can be so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment