June 27, 2011

The great Escape

                                                                           www.cafepress.com









Tell me why you think it’s unfair that you reap what you sow
Because I don’t know what I don’t know
How do you plan on getting to where you want to go?
Just keep on doin’ what I’m doin’,  I’m bound to grow
So, you keep doing the same, expecting to see...
Different outcomes, better living, new opportunity
That’s right, I deserve all that you’ve earned
I want it today, minus the hard lessons you’ve learned
But the hardships made me strong, giving me balance and latitude
To open my heart to the essence of gratitude
I’m thankful for my journey, my joys and my tears
The years in my life, the life in my years
I don’t understand you, think I’ll move over there
To get away from the freaks, who think everything’s fair
You may change your location, surround yourself anew
But there is no escaping  your ego, your mind -  YOU
Joan  06-27-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment