June 13, 2011

Financial Peace

                                                                          www.parkridgebaptist.com






‘I crashed and burned before I learned.” Dave Ramsey (on financial peace)


Sometimes in life, the best, most memorable, yet painful lessons we learn is preceded by turmoil, sabotage. Seems to leave an imprint on our psyche that is not easily forgotten or rationalized away. Kind of like bur
ning your hand on a hot stove, the lesson holds a whole different intensity when pain has an association with it. This can be likened to learning through several senses verses just one. For example, we can learn from simply reading a book, or we can incorporate video, role playing, re writing the lesson, etc. When we are more engaged with something, we tend to be more aware of it/ more involved with it.

I greatly admire Dave Ramsey for his expertise and direct, honest approach to helping others achieve financial freedom. His Christian principles shine through his teachings and spread compassion onto the financially wounded.

I have met and volunteered for Dave in the past as I believe in his teachings and share my own personal experience of having zero debt, including home. Dave shows us that financial freedom is not just a pipe dream, his baby steps clearly direct disciplined behavior that will result in success.

If you have a desire to improve your financial picture, I highly recommend
www.daveramsey.com financial peace university :https://fpuonline.daveramsey.com/ as a great start. You can find Financial Peace University being taught in your area athttp://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/locate-class/ Often taught in Churches and community centers.

At my next H.O.P.E. meet up I will be reviewing Dave’s baby steps to get started onto the path of financial freedom. This quick video is a great introduction to Dave and what his program is about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b--HwXE3064
If you are near Clearwater, Florida, our meet up is this Tuesday night and I would love to meet you and help you in any way I can. Chances are, you’re not my neighbor, but I hope you find Dave’s website, newsletters, FPU program, television show, radio broadcasts, books, DVD’s, board games, etc of value.

If you have ever done FPU or followed Dave Ramsey, I’d love to hear about your experiences! If not, I’d like you to think about being debt free and how that would impact your life. The important thing to remember here is this, you will attract into your life what ever it is that you think about. If you focus on debt and feeling frustrated, you will attract more of it. If you focus on crushing your debt, you will. “Be gazelle intent.”


“Live Like No One Else, So That Later, You Can Live Like No One Else.”
Dave Ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment