April 20, 2011

How do Others View You?


Most of my mornings are spent at a local dog park where myself and two friends relax and contemplate life while our dogs run wild.  Our conversations typically dabble into analyzing the world around us and how we can improve on it.  We seem to encounter lots of self-discovery and revelations about ourselves.  There is usually the same group of people in the morning hours that we share the park with.  The diversity amongst them is huge and always a welcome catalyst to our conversations.  Pat, a fellow dog owner approached our group today and laughed out loud, "So what does the View have to say today?"  I immediately laughed with him and smiled at my friends sitting beside me on the bench.  Our daily conversations which are really second nature to us, seem to hold much more of an impact on those around us.  The older men at the park appreciate three younger and focused women sharing ideas and vision.  After hearing that remark, I began to think about all the ways we are viewed by other people while we carry out routine and unremarkable actions throughout the day.  I thought of the saying, "All the world is a stage and  everyone plays a part."  Hmm, there is no dress rehearsal or time out to practice being me.  This is the real deal.  My time spent on the bench at the park holds as much spiritual meaning as does sitting on a bench at Sunday Mass!  I relish the time spent with my friends at the dog park and our pooches enjoy the sunshine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment