April 22, 2011

2012: Time for Change



Last evening I attended this free movie showing while lounging on donated furniture to be resold at the local Habitat for Humanity ReUse It store that hosted this showing. What a wonderful concept! This local group has movie showings of this type every other week along with a multitude of... other events for a sustainable world. On the way to the movie, I stopped to get a green smoothie from the local Rawk Star Cafe and had a wonderful experience chatting with the owner. He gave me a break on the cost of my drink because he supported the type of event I was attending. After watching a great movie under the stars in 70 degree weather I engaged in meaningful conversations with people from that area and made new friends. I can't think of a better way to spend my evening at any cost, yet this event was free. So, the best things in life are free and leave long-lasting impressions!

No comments:

Post a Comment