July 20, 2011

"Trust in God and tie up your camel!"

                                                                   philosotics.wordpress.com






"Trust in God, but tie up your camel"
                 Arab proverb



One well known story involves a seeker of truth who approached a spiritual master with a serious question:
"Should I trust in God, or should I tie up my camel?"
The answer:


"Trust in God and tie up your camel!"



Just read an interesting article about this Arabic quote that made the case for political liberals using the same elements of this equation, but flipping it around. The creed comes out more like:

“Trust in your camel and tie up God.” 



This statement was made based on the banning of school prayer, eliminating the Ten Commandments from courthouse walls, not saying Merry Christmas anymore, legal battles to remove the words ‘in God we trust from the US dollar. 



The great thing is this - I know that everyone here is called to a much higher standard than ‘trusting in their camel’ and ‘tying up God’. The hope for a brighter future of respect and human love is just ahead of us! 



Can I hear somebody second my emotion?


No comments:

Post a Comment